Twenty-four Amazon staff have been hospitalised after a bear spray can was punctured at a warehouse in New Jersey within the US on Wednesday.
A kind of hospitalised is in a crucial situation. One other 30 folks have been handled by emergency providers on the scene.
It’s not clear what prompted the accident however Amazon is investigating.
Staff evacuated the third flooring of the warehouse’s south entrance through the incident on Wednesday morning.
Workers skilled respiratory issues, and stinging of their throat and eyes, native officers stated.
John Nalbone, a spokesperson for Robinsville Township, advised the BBC there was no menace to residents within the space and that fumes have been confined to inside the constructing.
Operations on the 1.3m sq ft facility – which employs greater than 3,000 folks – have since resumed as regular, Mr Nalbone added.
“The protection of our staff is at all times our prime precedence and a full investigation is already underway,” stated Rachael Lighty, a spokeswoman for Amazon.
In line with the Get Bear Sensible Society, the non-lethal bear repellant causes “an almost whole, but short-term, lack of sight and extreme restriction of respiratory” in bears and people.